Five Lovely Songs

  • Fidelity - Regina Spektor
  • Next Year, Baby - Jamie Cullum
  • Chasing Pavements - Adele
  • Inside and Out - Feist
  • Can't Go Back Now - The Weepies

Sunday, January 04, 2009

The Kinky Curly thing

I take back what I said about Kinky Curly. It does a wonderful job of defining and maintaining curls, but once my hair is dry the result is just too crunchy for me.

Also, guess what I have in my freezer? BOXES UPON BOXES OF NATTO. Life is so good right now.

One last thing, this one about oatmeal. The best oatmeal I've ever had was at the Villa Creole in Haiti. I think I've discovered their secret-- steel cut oats. And cooking the oatmeal with the raisins instead of adding them later. Oh, and adding milk. Tasty.

3 comments:

Jacqui said...

If you ever discover a product that makes curls look great you must let me know. My curls are rather half hearted and I've never been a fan of mousse because it always made my hair feel sticky. I like Keratase to keep it straight but I've yet to find anything that makes me look good with curls. When I was in Durham I was looking through some old photos and when I was 14 I had the most amazing hair. It was down past my shoulder blades and wavy curly - why, oh why, did I ever get it cut? I can be so stupid sometimes. I'm trying to grow it to that length again. I never used any products on it at the time, I just used to let it dry naturally but if you do find the perfect product do tell as I long for hair with bounce!

Lisel said...

What hair type do you have? I am a 3a, based on the descriptions over at naturallycurly.com. They have a good set of hair product recommendations on the site. I had a really great system going, but it seems my preferred moisturizer is no longer around. I'm also doing this thing where I'm trying to cut down to one hair product that will make my hair soft and shiny and define my curls all at the same time. I should probably just accept that I need a collection of products to get my hair to behave.

Jacqui said...

My curls are like a stroppy adolescent: half-hearted; unruly and unwilling! Thanks for passing on the link to naturallycurly.com, it looks liek a great site, one I could spend hours on! I haven't yet been able to find the bit that allocates me a type like '3a' but I'll keep looking. I did see a piece from Tonya McKay recommending the use of vinegar but I think I'll give that one a miss; I doubt that it would do much for the social life! Good luck in your search for just one hair product, if all else fails at least using a combination will give you a look you like. Don't give up though!