Five Lovely Songs

  • Fidelity - Regina Spektor
  • Next Year, Baby - Jamie Cullum
  • Chasing Pavements - Adele
  • Inside and Out - Feist
  • Can't Go Back Now - The Weepies

Friday, January 16, 2009

Boys: stop giving me your number.

If you want to speak to me on the phone, please ask for my number rather than offering yours. Yes, I know it's intimidating to ask. But srsly you guys.

Maybe you think it sounds like this: "I am interested in you, and I'm expressing my desire to meet again. I'll leave it up to you to determine what comes next. No pressure."

And it really doesn't sound like that. Not at all. It sounds more like this: "Do you like me? I'm not sure. Gosh, what if you give me the "reject line"? Would you do that to a nice guy like me? Hm... I KNOW! I'll let you call me so I don't have to get my feelings hurt. Brilliant, I am!"

We all get rejected at some point, and that's okay. It's a part of life. So please, you guys. No more of that, alright?

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

But on the plus side they are interested :-)

Mid-western 007 said...

Say it, sistah! That drives me INSANE.